By Courtney Stump
Summer is approaching ever so quickly. This means it’s about time to get in shape so you look good in your swimsuit. There’s no need to starve yourself or take drastic measures to get in shape for summer. There are many ways to get fit that will only do good for your body.
1. Eat good food that is healthy. Many people dread going on a diet because they think that they will only be able to eat food that is not pleasing. In reality, there are many delicious foods that are healthy as well. Greek yogurt is not only good for you, but paired with some strawberries or blueberries, it’s a great meal. You can also blend fruits and low fat milk together and make a great smoothie that is also low in calories. With a little research, finding healthy delicious food is easy.
2. Portion sizes. When it comes to the amount of food you need to eat, you actually do not need that much. Portion control is an important aspect of dieting that everyone who wants to lose weight needs to know. Follow these portion control rules of thumb and you’ll be on the right track to a good diet.
- A woman’s fist is about the serving size for fruits or vegetables.
- A handful or about half a cup of rice or pasta.
- A size of a deck of cards or about three ounces is the serving size for meat.
-A golf ball sized amount of nuts.
- A computer mouse serving size for potatoes.
3. Eating healthy and learning portion control can only get you so far in your diet. If you want to get your body in shaped and toned in time for summer working out is a definite must. Here is a quick workout that tones the whole body.
First, do twenty jumping jacks. Second, do forty squats. Next, do forty lunges, preferably with five pound dumbbells in each hand. Next, with the dumbbell in each hand, put hands together and cross them over each shoulder for about two minutes.
These three things are key to having a nicely toned body in time for summer. Now it’s time to get to work. Good luck!