By Linda Ha
The more weight you carry, the faster your metabolism is likely running. The fact is, the more weight you are carrying, the harder your body has to work in order to sustain itself at rest. Metabolism is when your body converts all the calories we consume into energy and waste. It’s is influenced by your weight, gender, age, and genes. The faster your metabolic rate, the more calories you burn. Here are 7 ways to make those calories burn faster:
1. Break the fast. Studies show that if you eat breakfast, even if it’s just a small snack such as yogurt, it serves as a quick start to firing up your metabolism.
2. Simply drink some H20. Water helps to speed up digestion and burn calories. The recommended amount is eight glasses a day, however it depends on your body size.
3. Catch more zzz’s. Not getting enough sleep may slow your metabolism.
4. Exercise more. Next time, try skipping the treadmill and run up a mountain or hill. Any kind of quick intense exercises will burn more calories even longer after the workout compared to slow and steady exercises. Finding ways to keep exercise fun and interesting will help you to stay motivated.
5. Eat! Eat! Eat! Eating tuna, grapefruits, and proteins can actually speed up the metabolic rate. So skip the waffles during breakfast and eat eggs instead.
6. Drink coffee. Not only does it keep you energized during busy mornings, but it absorbs into the blood stream quickly, therfore speeding up the heart rate and boosting metabolism.
7. Laughter is the best medicine. Researchers have found that laughing for just 10 minutes each day will burn energy. So put on your favorite comedy TV show or movie and laugh away.